Who we are
In this policy whenever you see “We”, “Us” or “Our” it refers to Karlos Hus, owned and controlled by the Karlos Hus AS.
The full legal information for this legal entity is:
Karlos Hus AS, Company Number 916 346 794, Registered Office Efteløtveien 720, 3647 Hvittingfoss.
Your acceptance of this policy, and Our right to change it
By using Our website, social media pages or providing your personal information you consent to Our collection of and use of the information you provide in the ways set out in this policy. If you do not agree to Our policy, please do not use Our websites, social media pages or associated services, nor register with the Sub-Processors (as below) We engage with in respect of reports and documents and services.
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. If We do, We will post the changes on this page and they will apply from the time We post them.
What is personal data?
Personal data is information that can be used to identify an individual, such as their name, address, phone number, email address or IP address. More information about what kind of information is classified as personal data can be found here.
The policy in brief
It’s important that you read the full policy to understand what information We hold, how We may use it and what your rights are. Here is a summary of the policy if you don’t have time to read it fully now:
- We collect data that is either personal data (as described above) or non-personal data, such as website pages that have been accessed.
- We collect information about people who visit Our website, or who use Our services or have expressed an interest in Our services.
- We only collect information that we need to provide Our services, to provide information, for administration, research, analysis and to improve Our services.
- We will keep your personal data securely at all times.
- We will never sell your data and We never share it with a third party to use for their own purposes
- We may share your data with carefully selected third parties which undertake work on Our behalf, or where We are required to share your data by Law.
The Full Policy
This policy applies to Our website We operate, Our use of emails and text messages for marketing purposes and for any other methods We use for collecting information. It covers what We collect, and why, what We do with this information, what We don’t do with this information, and the rights you have.
What information do We collect and why?
We only collect your personal information that you have voluntarily chosen to provide to Us, and We will only collect personal information that We need, including information that will help Us to improve Our services.
We collect two kinds of information:
Non-personal data such as the web pages that have been accessed and files that have been downloaded. This helps Us understand how many people use Our site, how many people visit on a regular basis, and how popular Our pages are. This information allows Us to monitor and improve Our services.
We collect this information in connection with specific activities, such as newsletter requests, document downloads, feedback and other activities. The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable Us to provide you with a more personalised service. You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse Our websites. However, if you do choose to withhold requested information, We may not be able to provide you with certain services or full functionality.
What do We do with the information?
We will use the information you provide to:
- Fulfil your requests – such as providing information about Our services
- Record any contact We have with you
- Prevent or detect any abuses of Our websites and to enable third parties to carry out technical or other functions on Our behalf
- Help Us to gain a better understanding of Our customers and users to enable Us to improve Our service
- Communicate with Our customers
- If you have agreed to it, provide information that We think may be of interest to you
Visitors to Our Website
When someone visits www.karloshus.no We use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Our website is powered by WordPress. No user-specific data is collected by either Us or any third-party.
We use a third-party provider, SendinBlue (see Sub-Processors below), to deliver a range of email communications, including but not limited to: our monthly e-newsletters, event invitations, product updates, and industry news. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help Us monitor and improve Our e-newsletter.
Social media sites
Email Request for Information
We use links throughout Our website to provide you with opportunities to contact Us via email or web forms for various reasons, including to ask questions, request information about Our products and services and to provide comments and suggestions. You may also be offered the opportunity to have one of Our representatives contact you personally to provide additional information about Our products and services. To do so, We may request additional personal information from you, such as your name and telephone number, to help Us fulfil your specific request.
Occasionally We may request information from customers, subscribers and website visitors via electronic surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you have a choice whether or not to participate and disclose information to Us. Survey information will only be used for monitoring or improving Our website, and improving Our products and services.
Information You Provide
The information provided by you to this website is provided with your explicit consent and may be classed as personal data. We will record details of your consent. To the extent that you supply Us with personal data about third parties (for example, your employer) you are confirming that you are entitled and authorised to disclose such data to us and that we are entitled to use such information in the same way that we use information about you as described in this Privacy and Cookies policy.
Opting Out of Future Communications
Occasionally We will tell our customers and subscribers about new products, services, upgrades and updates. You may opt out of these communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email received from Us.
Alternatively, you may manually unsubscribe by emailing [email protected] with the subject line “UNSUBSCRIBE”.
Sharing your information
We will only share your information if:
- We are legally required to do so
- We believe it is necessary to protect or defend Our rights, property or the personal safety of Our people or visitors to Our premises or websites
- We work with carefully selected partners that carry out work on Our behalf. We may ask Our partners to store your data or send emails. We only choose partners We can trust. We will only pass personal data to them if they have signed a contract with Us that requires them to:
- comply with all applicable data protection regulation
- treat your information as carefully and securely as We would
- only use the information for the specific purposes for which it was supplied (and not for their own purposes or for the purposes of any other organisation)
- allow Us to carry out checks to ensure they are continuing to do all these things
Declaration of Sub-Processing
To help you decide whether to provide your personal data to Us, the following third-party companies act as Data Processors for Us in the provision of Our services to you:
Sendinblue, a simplified joint stock company with a share capital of 137,531 Euros, registered with the Paris Trade and Companies Register under number 498 019 298 and whose registered office is located at 55 rue d’Amsterdam, 75008 Paris, France.
Storing your information
While We cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur while it is under Our control, We use Our best efforts to try to detect and prevent this.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data across the internet is not completely secure and whilst We do Our best to try to protect the security of your information We cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur when data is being transferred.
We will keep Your information only for as long as We need it to provide you with the goods and services or information you have required, to administer your relationship with Us, to comply with the law or to ensure we do not communicate with people who have asked Us not to. When We no longer need your information, We will always dispose of it securely in accordance with industry best practice.
What We don’t do with your information
We will never sell or share your information to other organisations to use for their own purposes.
The Data Protection Act 2018 gives you certain rights over your data and how We use it. These include:
- the right to be told what personal data we hold about you, and why, and a right to a copy of that information
- the right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- the right to prevent your data being used for direct marketing purposes
- The right to withdraw your consent to Us storing and processing your personal data
- The right to have your data returned to you in a common, useable format
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact Us in writing at Karlos Hus AS, Billinstadsletta 83, Billingstad 1396, or by emailing [email protected]
If you have any questions about this Privacy and Cookies Policy, or if you would like to exercise any of your statutory rights or make a complaint, please write to:
Karlos Hus AS